Achieve a professional looking manicure at home with our simple 10 step DIY manicure!
2. SHAPE NAILS
Shape the nails with an emery board. Lightly stroke form the edges of the nail toward the centre, holding the board under the edge of the nail and at a slight angle. Bevel for a smooth finishing touch.
5. APPLY APPROPRIATE NAIL CARE PRODUCT
If nails are soft or tend to break easily, apply a small amount of MAVALA SCIENTIFIQUE penetrating nail hardener to the tips of the nails. Allow it to dry before going on with your manicure.
6. APPLY A BASE COAT
Choose the appropriate base coat for your nails:
- MAVALA 002 protective base coat for a longer lasting manicure,
- MAVALA BARRIER-BASE for fragile nails,
- MAVA-STRONG for weak, breaking nails,
- NAIL SHIELD for thin, damaged nails,
- RIDGE FILLER for ridged nails, or
- MAVA-WHITE for stained nails.
Brush on your base coat to cover the entire nail surface. Let dry for a few minutes.
8. APPLY NAIL POLISH
Shake or roll the bottle of nail enamel before using. For nail polish to adhere properly, apply in two or three thin coats.
View our detailed colour application technique here.
9. APPLY A FIXATOR
Choose a top coat to achieve your desired look:
- COLORFIX to give an incomparable shine,
- COLOR-MATT for a matt finish, or
- GEL FINISH for a volumizing magnifying effect with an exceptional ultra glossy shine.
Lightly brush on your top coat to protect against chipping and extend the life of your manicure.
10. APPLY A FAST DRYER
Finally, dry your manicure in just one minute with one of our fast dryers:
- MAVADRY if you have applied no more than 4 layers of polish, including base and top coats on your nails,
- MAVADRY SPRAY if your manicure is already thick enough, or
- OIL SEAL DRYER to nourish your cuticles while drying your manicure.