Christmas and all the parties around it are over and it’s time to face reality again. Hitting the gym and getting back in shape is probably one of the first things on your list!
There’s no rule that says you have to be a sweaty mess when you hit the road for a run or attend yoga class. In fact, experts say, what you wear to the gym can help you stay motivated and confident.
Here are our tips to look your best at the gym:
1. Put your hair in a high ponytail so it doesn’t get in the way when you throw a barbell over your head.
2. Double-knot a new set of bright, matching shoelaces so they don’t trip you up when you crush those miles.
3. Bright hair elastics - It’s always fun to coordinate your hair elastic with your outfit.
4. Wear a matching sports bra that supports you while you lift more kilos than the guy next to you.
5. The best hair helper during a serious sweat session? Dry shampoo.
6. You want your gym towel to wipe away sweat, not caked-on foundation. Use a long-wearing foundation with buildable coverage (like Mavala Dream Foundation) and use just what you need to blur away imperfections.
7. Always reapply your deodorant directly before working out. Make sure it has antiperspirant so it not only keeps you smelling fresh, but also minimizes underarm sweat stains.
8. Putting on a flattering outfit motivates people to actually go to the gym or to exercise outdoors in public.
9. A sports bra is meant to contain your "girls"—not eliminate their presence altogether. A brighter bra draws attention to the top half of your body in a flirty, subtle way.
But the most important thing: Be yourself and just keep doing your thing!